Wine Awesomeness Overview
There are two Wine Awesomeness subscriptions: a 3-bottle subscription for $49 and a 6-bottle subscription for $79. Shipping is monthly and is free.
- Good range of wines from Old and New World regions.
- 100% satisfaction You get free wine for a year if you can prove you can build a case of the same wine at a lower cost.
- The choice of a 3 or 6-bottle club depending on your preferred wine flow.
- Some wines are available in cans for extra convenience.
- Skip, cancel, or change preferences any time.
- First shipment discount.
- Only two bottle counts available.
- Only contact via email and chat but has a comprehensive FAQ section.
- Lacks the presence of a wine personality/ founder which gives it a slightly impersonal feel.
What is Wine Awesomeness Wine Club?
Wine Awesomeness Wine Club doesn’t appear to have the backstory other clubs have, and it seems to be intent on promoting the wines and service rather than the people behind it. Nonetheless, it offers an exciting, high-quality range of labels from classic regions and one or two up-and-coming wine-producing countries. Like other clubs, it likes to have a community of wine lovers revolving around an online magazine, recipes, and education articles.
How Does Wine Awesomeness Wine Club Work?
There are two monthly memberships to choose from with free delivery. After your initial shipment, you can personalize your delivery frequency.
Follow the steps outlined below to sign up for the membership plan.
- Go to the ‘Membership’ tab at the bottom of the page.
- Take your pick from two clubs.
- Click on ‘Join Our Club’.
- Select the 3- or 6-bottle club.
- Furnish your shipping and billing information to complete the order.
- Enjoy your wine shipment!
How Much Does Wine Awesomeness Wine Club Cost?
Subscriptions start at $49 for a 3-bottle case and go up to $79 for a case of 6. Shipping is included for both clubs. Membership entitles you to 20% off the Wine Awesomeness online store prices, early access to new wines, and first dibs on unlisted wines and small production batches. With your subscription, you also receive access to digital tasting notes, food pairing ideas, plus member ratings and reviews.
Customers can pay for wine club membership with standard credit card options.
About the Wine
For a wine club review to be worth its salt, it needs to focus closely on styles and variety. At first glance, it looks like Wine Awesomeness has a diverse range of bottles from around the world covering a wide selection of grapes and styles. The club also has a reputation for ferreting out obscure brands you might never get to try otherwise plus it has a range of canned and organic wine. You get to choose red, white, or a mix for each shipment.
Wine Awesomeness Club Features:
Color: Rosé, Red, White, Sparkling
Region: United States, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, South Africa, New Zealand, Italy, Argentina, and more.
Grape: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Nebbiolo, Pinot Gris, Zinfandel, Shiraz, and more.
You can peruse the catalog with several useful filters such as ‘Grape’, ‘Country’, ‘Type’, and ‘Collection’.
Wine Awesomeness Wine Club Wine Brands
This is the best wine club for finding boutique brands that create unique blends without going to the extreme. It also covers a wide range of grapes taking in lesser-known varieties alongside popular types. Below are examples of the types of wines you can expect in your shipments:
- Italia Foto Wine Co. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC: This 100% Montepulciano bursts with black fruit and violets. This producer has several wines in the portfolio.
- Green Eyes Grüner Veltliner: This blend consists of fresh flavors like green apple, lime, and ripe apricots plus hints of fill.
- J. Hofstätter Südtirol-Alto Adige Lagrein: This wine contains “jam-like” notes of wild blackberry and violets.
- Perdeberg 'Classic Collection' Chenin Blanc: This winery is in the Coastal region of South Africa, and their blend shines brightly with pear, kiwi, guava, and kiwi. You can also find a red from this winery.
- Field Recordings Hock White Blend: A super-interesting Californian take on a traditional Alsation blend called Edelzwicker (or Gentil).
- Mary Taylor: A young winemaker whose signature mark is how she details where wines are made with precision and simplicity on every label.
Wine Awesomeness Club Membership Benefits
For vino lovers who want to enjoy a good selection of wine without getting caught up in industry details like critics’ scores or ratings, Wine Awesomeness is an ideal choice. You know you’re getting interesting reds and whites from classic regions, and the cost for each club is easy on the pocket.
Whether you choose the 3-bottle club or the 6-bottle club, there is no extra cost for shipping. Along those same lines, there are no hidden costs elsewhere in this club membership.
Deals and Discounts
As a member of this club, you enjoy a 20% discount on labels in the Wine Awesomeness store and receive regular updates about deals and rewards.
Insider Access to Wines
Along with benefiting from deals and discounts, as a member of this club, you get early access to new wines being introduced to the range as well as limited batch production ranges and unlisted labels.
Educating Buyers About Wine
As part of your membership, you have automatic access to the club’s digital publication Wine Cellar which is filled to the brim with tasting notes for your wines, recipes, personal ratings, and reviews. There’s also free access to The Back Label, a lifestyle portal that covers all kinds of interesting topics about wine history and fun facts, recipes, travel, and industry personalities.
When you begin your membership, monthly shipments are automatic, but you can change frequency to bi-monthly or quarterly right away. You can also opt to skip an order or change the delivery date. If you decide you want to cancel, the process is painless, and you have full control over your account.
Wine Awesomeness Club Membership Programs
- Two clubs.
- 3-bottle club at $49 a shipment.
- 6-bottle club at $79 a shipment.
Wine Awesomeness Club Membership Length
- Begins at a monthly frequency and members can change to bi-monthly or quarterly after they subscribe.
Can I Give Wine Awesomeness Membership as a Gift?
There are four options for a gift membership. Simply go to the club ‘Gifts’ page and select ‘Gift Subscriptions’. You can choose monthly delivery for three, six, nine, or 12 months. There are two bottle-count options: three and six. With both, there’s a choice of red, white, or mixed bottles and with the six-bottle choice, there may be rosé or sparkling in shipments too. Prices start at $147 and are pre-paid.
Price and Shipping
- There’s no additional cost for delivery for any of the Wine Awesomeness club memberships.
- Shipping reaches all states in the US except for Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota, and Utah due to the alcohol laws in these states. In the case of Alabama, customers have to ship to an ABC Select Spirits store for collection and payment of applicable sales tax.
- Orders ship within three business days and take an extra one to five days to arrive at your doorstep. It’s worth noting that these are business days only, so holidays don’t count. Because delivery times vary, Wine Awesomeness has a handy map on its website that details how long average shipping takes for each state.
- If you want to delay a shipment that hasn’t already been processed, you can do so via your account under the ‘Manage Membership’ tab. If the order has already been processed, you can contact customer support , and they will see what they can do although it may incur a $20 fee.
- Most cases are sent with FedEx. Therefore, for convenience, if you're going to be out of town for a few days, you can arrange to have your order shipped to your nearest holding location. You can manage this option through your account once you receive your tracking number.
Skip a Month
Not going to be around, or do you have too much wine? It’s simple to skip a month without penalty by going into your account and using your ‘Manage Membership’ function.
Service and Contact Availability
It looks like Wine Awesomeness just has one way of getting in touch. This is a ‘Submit a Request’ function on its website. It also has a highly detailed FAQ section for queries about orders, billing, shipping, gifts, memberships, and promotions. You can also find a mailing address at the bottom of its ‘Terms and Conditions' page for any formal queries.
You are free to cancel whenever you want, but it must be at least 24 hours ahead of your next order date. You have full control over cancelation via your account. You simply go to ‘Manage Membership’ and click ‘Deactivate,’ and the job is done! If you have a change of heart, you can reactivate your account by using the same log-in details and clicking ‘Reactivate’.
- You can only contact Wine Awesomeness by submitting a request on its website or online chat. As a customer, you sometimes want to be able to phone an actual person so this could be frustrating. On the other hand, though, the club has set things up so that you don’t need to contact Customer Support very much as you have a lot of control over your orders via your account.
- There’s no ‘face’ to Wine Awesomeness and while the website is upbeat, friendly, and strives to provide all the kind of information every wine lover needs, it has a slightly impersonal feel.
Differences From the Competitors
As mentioned above, one stand-out difference between Wine Awesomeness and clubs like Plonk, FirstLeaf, and Winc is its impersonal vibe. This might seem unimportant on the surface, but joining a club online is a lot like doing so in the brick-and-mortar world. You’re looking for a leader who shares your passion, has your back, and a community that’s developed around her or him. Finding this in the digital world can be reassuring, especially when you’re sending money to their company—even in today’s relatively secure eCommerce spaces.
However, the fact that you can only get in touch via an online submission or chat exacerbates the impersonal feeling in an otherwise great-looking club.
On the plus side, you have a lot of autonomous control over your account and orders so this may suit those who like to have the flexibility to do what they want without having to get a third party involved.
One big advantage to Wine Awesomeness that we haven’t seen with other wine clubs is the page featuring actual member boxes so you can really see what kinds of wines you can expect.
The Small Print
There isn’t anything concerning in the small print of Wine Awesomeness. In fact, you’d have to give them credit for transparency because of the detailed information regarding memberships, recurring charges, promotions, and privacy in their ‘Terms and Conditions' page.