Written by Lucie Robson
Updated on September 13, 2021
Professionally Reviewed by: Evmorfia Kostaki
Californian labels are the focus at Winc, but it also highlights bottles from iconic wine-producing countries like France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile and Argentina. In addition to conventional wines, it offers a great selection of organic, vegan, low alcohol and low sugar options. Head over to Winc to take a taste preference test and receive extraordinary wine suggestions specifically for you.
Check Out Our Winc Video Review
Winc Wine Club Overview
The registration process for Winc is almost as easy as opening a bottle with a screwcap. Upon signing up, you will be asked to complete a quick and easy questionnaire that determines your very own flavor profile. Based on that, the club crafts suggestions for your very first shipment that arrives with a $25 discount when you order 3 or 4 bottles.
Additionally, they’ll throw in these membership benefits for good measure:
- Simple and straightforward membership plans, structured with a pay-as-you-go format
- Save up to 10% when you buy 12+ bottles on Winc, apart from free delivery on orders of four or more bottles
What Is Winc?
With a vibrant wine community of wine lovers, Winc wine club boasts it has “something for everyone”. The club is known for its winemaking, nevertheless, they also source wines made with unique grape varieties from across the globe. Winc can be a great option for beginners and oenophiles alike, given that it offers convenience, luxury and exclusivity blended into one package.
Previously known as the wine club ‘W’, it was rebranded to Winc in 2014. Since then, Winc stopped being just an online reseller of wine and instead started making their own wines. This way they eliminated the middlemen and their artisanal wines can reach your doorstep at a more affordable price. Naturally, they have a vast network of vineyards and vintners around the world that produce the famed wines available only through Winc.
How Does Winc Work?
Winc wine club simplifies ‘the world of wine’, for beginners. You can discover novelty wine varieties from all over the world by letting the Winc algorithm decipher your palate.
Your step-by-step guide to registering on Winc monthly wine club is as follows:
- Answer 5 questions after clicking on ‘Get Started’
- Choose from white, red or a mix of both wines
- Winc will generate a cart with 3-4 wines for you
- You can confirm, add or delete the wines from your cart
- Complete the payment and other shipping details
After receiving the wines and giving a taste, you can rate the wines if you want Winc to recommend better or similar wines in the future. When you rate you also collect member points, which result in discounts in your next shipment.
How Much Does Winc Cost?
The basic Winc wine membership cost depends on your preferences. Starting at $13 per bottle, the monthly subscription includes 3 or 4 bottles. Typically, it can be billed from $52 to $59 per month based on the wines and the number of bottles you choose. Winc also gives you a generous 25$ discount on your first order!
About The Wine Club
Winc is a monthly wine club that conveniently brings exceptional wines straight from the vineyard to your door. The annual production of Winc wines is estimated at roughly 300,000 cases ranging from $13 to $40 per bottle.
Our Winc evaluation helped us discover valuable information that can help you choose the appropriate membership.
One of the most important factors here is that the wine club makes and brands its own wines. Cuvée Folly, The Beast Pinot Noir and Chop Shop Cabernet Sauvignon are some of the most popular wines. They can even be found in some hip bars and restaurants.
The most fascinating thing about Winc is its fully personalized membership for every wine enthusiast. From finding the right wine to educating you on its nuances, Winc also suggests the best food pairings for each wine, helping simplify the experience.
Navigating the Winc wine club
It is very easy to browse through the available wines on Winc.
You can pick your wine from the ten most popular varietals on Winc with categories ranging from white to red, white, sparkling, rose and even cider as well as six region-specific wine categories.
You can also select wines based on their production method. Sustainable, organic, vegan, low alcohol or low sulphur categories are available, as are different sweetness categories, from dry to sweet.
Unlike most wine clubs, Winc reveals the wines they’ve chosen for the month so you can choose to modify their selection.
To get the best wine for your palate every month and $10 in credits, rate the wines you received from 1 Star [least liked] to 5 Stars [most liked] on Winc right after.
Winc Wine Brands
From this wine club’s portfolio, you’ll find plenty of high quality, exclusive wines with excellent ratings and diverse flavor profiles such as:
- 2019 Rosa Obscura Red Blend – A bold and luscious fruity red blend for a date night
- 2019 Pacificana Chardonnay – Revel in the classic, round, and complex heartwarming flavors of this beauty
- 2019 Pacificana Pinot Grigio – Fall in love with this easy-drinking wine with a refreshing stone fruit character and a mineral finish.
- 2019 Wall Of Sound Red Blend - Savor the tasting notes of raspberry, eucalyptus, and strawberry of this luscious red wine with supple juicy tannins.
- 2019 Prismus Pinot Grigio - Allow the flavors of jasmine, lemon, and melon to dance on your palate with this crisp and bright summer wine.
Winc Membership Benefits
Since every wine you receive from Winc is selected based on your preferences, each bottle sent your way will be a perfect match to your specific taste and flavour preferences. On top of the fast and cheap delivery (free when ordering more than 4 bottles), Winc will also grant you great savings for every bottle bought thanks to their winemaking model. What else makes Winc one of the best wine clubs to join? Explore these benefits to uncover a few more Winc advantages:
After registering, you need to answer a five-part questionnaire following the Winc online login. You will be asked to show your preference for red or white wines and your favourite fruits and flavours. Next, it tries to understand your preference for sweet or sour tastes. Then you will be asked to show your adventurous spirit by selecting different countries to taste from and finally you’ll choose your favourite foods so that Winc can suggest the wines that pair best with what you eat!
Flexibility to Skip a Month
If you feel you don’t want wines in a month, go ahead and use the ‘Skip a Month’ under the ‘My Membership’ tab. You can use ‘Skip a Month’ for as long as you like without any fines or surcharges.
While the wines delivered to you are based on an algorithm, Winc goes the extra mile. If you get a wine you didn’t like, simply don’t pay for it. Just let them know!
You have two types of credits available from Winc: membership and referral. The former lets you buy Winc credits for discounted rates and save up to $100 while the latter gives you $15 in credits for every person who signs up with your referral link after their first box is ordered and another $15 if they ship a second box. Plus, the friends and family you refer to Winc are entitled to $22 worth of Winc wine.
You can save up to 10% when you buy 12+ bottles on Winc, apart from free delivery on an order of 4+ bottles. Moreover, Winc.com members receive a slashed rate on all the retail wine prices.
You can select from two of the Winc membership programs- Featured or Select. In the Featured category, Winc will select your wines from the $13 price level. The Select Winc membership cost is higher than the Featured package because it selects wines from the $14 to $40 price range.
For Winc wine, the length of membership is monthly in a pay-as-you-go format. Winc will send you the wine subscription box until you use ‘Skip a Month’ at least 48 hours before the order date, for the month you want to skip.
Can I Give Winc Membership as A Gift?
A Winc gift subscription is the best gift to make someone’s day. The Winc gift cards start from $50, although the company suggests $60 as a starting point since it covers the full price of the first shipment.
Winc Wine Club Coupon Code
Looking for Winc coupons? The standard Winc promo code options online offer you a discount of 20% to 50% off and right now the site is promoting $25 off with the first purchase of 4 or more bottles.
Price and Shipping
The Winc price for membership starts at $50 if you want free Winc delivery on your wine club membership. For orders of less than four bottles, the shipping cost is $9. Even non-members can purchase wines of their choice at $15 with no obligation after paying for Winc shipping per order. Keep in mind, Winc only ships in the US.
- Offers overnight shipping at $35
- 2-Day shipping at $25
- Standard Shipping [3-5 days] at $15 for non-members and $0 for members
Winc uses FedEx for all their shipments. However, it is important to note that Winc does not ship to Alaska, Rhode Island, Alabama, Delaware, Arkansas, Mississippi, Hawaii, Michigan, Kentucky, South Dakota, New Jersey and Utah.
Service And Contact Availability
With Winc, you can expect fast and cheap delivery as part of its services. The club grants you significant savings for every bottle of wine you purchase.
You can connect with Winc on their social media accounts, but you can also reach out via text or submit a request on their website. Most reviewers are really happy with the customer service Winc offers.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of wines you receive, you may have to pick up the pace or otherwise, just ‘Skip A Month’ under the ‘My Membership’ tab from your account.
No fines or surcharges apply, making this a sweet deal if you want to take a breather of sorts.
To be fair, there aren’t many. The number of wines regularly sent shouldn’t be an issue if you’re a moderate or light consumer, but you should probably be aware of the fact that Winc doesn’t ship to the following states:
- South Dakota
- New Jersey
The Differences Between Winc & Its Competitors
Winc’s success is based on its algorithm, which is all about boiling down user preferences to deliver quality wines that match these expectations. Still, it's also their service structure that makes them a serious force to reckon with in the world of wine clubs.
The palate profiling is exceptionally unique since they can identify your preferences through a few easy questions. You can also see the wines before they are shipped, so you can modify every order.
Winc focus on excellence
For those who want to explore wines made from revolutionary winemaking techniques, read the Winc wine club reviews to discover more about the flavors and varietals that the wine club offers. Predominantly popular for offering phenomenal wines at more affordable prices than your local stores, Winc goes the extra mile with benefits like a colorful booklet with every box of Winc wine describing the complete profile of the wines you received.
Also, stay on the lookout for a copy of Winc Monthly Journal in the subscription box every month to expand your oenology knowledge. Reading about the wines will make it easier for you to truly appreciate and enjoy them. All set to find the best wine for your taste and style? Take a look at Winc.com right now to learn more about this unique take on wine clubs.
Winc Order Process Step by Step
1. One look at the Winc homepage and you know your wine selection journey is going to be fun, easy, and will please your palate! Carry on as a member or guest.
2. Winc wastes no time asking what your preferences are: red or white. Don’t worry – you can pick both!
3. Next question: what flavors do you like? It’s all about you! Winc gives you a range to choose from to help it customize your shipment of four bottles for just under $30. Not bad!
4.Do you have a thing for a particular wine region? The next question is all about your fave spots or you can simply click on a place you’d like to explore. Happy wine travels!
5. Move on for a deep dive into your favorite foods. You may wonder what loving sushi and chocolate cake has to do with wine, but Winc knows – and it means you’ll get perfectly tailored suggestions for your shipment.
6. Tada! Are you excited? Winc is about to reveal a choice of 4 suggested bottles of wine based on your flavor and region preferences. Supply a few details and you’ll be on your way to your first peek!
7. Meet your new favorite red and white wine. Each is a suggestion based on all those food and flavor preferences you keyed in earlier. Impressive!
8. Now’s your chance to check out other wines Winc has in case you want to switch the suggestions for something else. Hmmm, how about a look at all the Chardonnays…? Love the look of this Pacificana so into the basket it goes!
9. Here we go. Plenty of other Chardonnays to explore and the same goes for every other variety of grape as well.
10. While you’re at it, why not take a look at all the reds, sparklings, and rosés on offer too? Now’s the chance to mix and match all the wines you love for your final shipment.
11. A bottle of bubbly never goes amiss. It’s great to see what Winc has and learn more about this style of wine before making a decision.
12. Nice choice of sparkling wine!
13. Now let’s do the same for red wine because a bottle of “rouge” is definitely going in the case. Hmmm, what does Winc have? I love the look of the Grenache-Syrah blend on the left. Let’s click it and find out more.
14. This is super useful. Winc provides a brief description of the wine as well as key details like alcohol and sweetness level plus what kind of body it has. Scroll down and…
15. …there’s a handy note about its provenance, tasting profile, and what food to pair it with. Is it going in the basket? Yes – think so!
16. Ok, now’s the time to see what’s in our basket and make a final decision. We can have four bottles so let’s remove “this” and add “that” to have the perfect shipment. Now to check out.
17. At checkout, there’s the option of adding more bottles. There’ll be a 10% discount and free shipping. Sounds great and I’ll keep it in mind for next time but for now, I’ll stick with four bottles. That was such a fun, simple, and efficient wine shopping experience and all from the comfort of home. So it’s time to hit pay and wait for the order to arrive.
18. I’m so excited! My Winc shipment has arrived and I can hardly wait to check out my fantastic wines! I love the box – “Thirsty is No Way to Live”. It sure isn’t – and at less than $30 for four bottles plus free shipping, there’s no need to. Cheers!
19. First things first. Look at this cute booklet covering everything I need to know about my wine!
20. Ok – let’s start unpacking the four wines I chose and try what Winc’s sent.
21. So here they all are! I love how quickly Winc delivered my wines plus the fun packaging and info booklet makes the package complete.
22. I know what I’m ready for – a glass of that delicious-sounding red blend! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere…
23. Ordering wine with Winc has been super fun and simple process and I’m so happy with my choices. Getting recommendations based on my tastes plus the great range of reds, whites, rosés, and sparklings has made this an experience I’m looking forward to repeating. Until next time!
The Small Print
For those who want to explore wines made from revolutionary winemaking techniques, read the Winc wine club reviews to discover more about the favors and varietals that the wine club offers. Predominantly popular for offering phenomenal wines at more affordable prices than your local stores, Winc goes the extra mile with benefits like a colorful booklet with every box of Winc wine describing the complete profile of the wines you received.
Also, stay on the lookout for a copy of Winc Monthly Journal in the subscription box every month to expand your oenology knowledge. All set to find the best wine for your taste and style? Take a look at Winc.com right now to learn more about this unique take on wine clubs.