What is De Tierra wine club?
De Tierra started its wine club as a way to offer discounts to its loyal customers on the 13 different types of wines produced at the winery. De Tierra now has five levels of club membership available with different membership perks.
How does De Tierra wine club work?
Simply choose the club level you’d like to join and fill in the form. The full application is completed on just one page. Your chosen wines will be shipped once per quarter.
What De Tierra wine club costs
- Vindegard club - $70 per shipment
- Corral club - $100 per shipment
- Red wine club - $100 per shipment
- White wine club - $100 per shipment
- Case club - $400 per shipment
About the wine
De Tierra produces 13 different types of wine including cab franc, pinot noir, riesling, zinfandel, and Monterey syrah.
De Tierra wine club brands
You’ll only be able to choose from the De Tierra brand in your wine club choices. While De Tierra wines are generally quite well received, you might want to try another wine club if you’re looking for a wide range of choices. The Wall Street Journal Wine Club is a good place to start for both those new to wine and long-time connoisseurs.
De Tierra is more focused on a loyal customer base that has already visited the winery for tastings.
De Tierra wine club membership benefits
- Discounts - All members receive between 15% and 25% off all other purchases
- Tastings - Between two and four complimentary tastings per month at the De Tierra tasting room in downtown Carmel
De Tierra wine club membership programs
- Vindegard club - one red and one white per shipment
- Corral club - A mix of wines to suit your tastes. The number of bottles per shipment can vary
- Red wine club - a selection of reds. The number of bottles per shipment can vary
- White wine club - a selection of whites. The number of bottles per shipment can vary
- Case club - A mix of De Tierra’s premium wines. The number of bottles per shipment can vary
De Tierra wine club membership length
There are no membership or cancellation fees. Simply pay for the wine you want and cancel at any time.
Can I give De Tierra wine club as a gift?
The wine club can’t currently be gifted, and De Tierra doesn't offer other gift options.
De Tierra wine club coupon codes
De Tierra doesn’t offer coupon codes, though club members receive discounts on all store purchases.
De Tierra price and shipping
On top of the wine club costs, you’ll pay a shipping charge. This will vary depending on your state.
The bottom line
De Tierra has some good quality wines and its tasting rooms and vineyards are definitely worth a visit if you’re in the area. However, the wine club is really geared towards a loyal customer base that knows the wines well. If you’re new to wine, you might want to start out with one of the larger clubs like the WSJ Wine Club or Wine Insiders, which can offer a greater variety of choices.