What is the Yao Family wine club?
The club was established to promote premium wines and has a price tag to reflect this. It showcases a range of Cabernet Sauvignon blends.
How does the Yao Family wine club work?
Four levels of membership are available. Two of the club options will get you six bottles of hand-selected wines from the different estates in the Yao family portfolio. These will be delivered bi-annually.
The third club is member’s choice, letting you select your own wines, including the number of bottles, and is also delivered bi-annually. The fourth club is the most exclusive level, and gets you three bottles of the winery’s reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, delivered once per year.
What Yao Family Wines wine club costs
- Yao Ming club - $380 per shipment
- Napa crest club - $185 per shipment
- Member’s choice club - Around $380 per shipment
- Reserve club - $620 per shipment
About the wine
The choice is a little limited as the winery focuses almost exclusively on a small selection of Cabernet Sauvignons. Though you’ll also find a Sauvignon Blanc and a sparkling brut on offer.
Yao Family Wines wine club wine brands
You’ll only get the Yao Family Wines brand as part of your membership.
Yao Family Wines wine club membership benefits
- 20% discount on all additional wine and merchandise purchases
- Complimentary tastings at the winery
- Priority invitations to winery events
Yao Family Wines wine club membership programs
- Yao Ming club - Recieve six bottles of wines from across the different estates owned by the Yao family. Delivered bi-annually
- Napa crest club - Receive six bottles of wine from the family’s Napa Crest estate, delivered bi-annually
- Member’s choice club - Six wines of your choice, delivered bi-annually
- Reserve club - Three bottles of reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, delivered once per year
Yao Family Wines wine club membership length
You must sign up for a minimum of two shipments whichever club level you choose. If you decide to cancel before this, you’ll be charged a $50 cancellation fee.
Can I give Yao Family Wines wine club as a gift?
No, gift options aren’t available on club memberships.
Yao Family Wines wine club coupon codes
You can sometimes find coupons with up to 50% off wines in the shop, but these can’t be applied to club memberships.
Yao Family Wines price and shipping
You’ll be charged a flat $20 shipping fee on all membership deliveries.
The bottom line
While Yao Family Wines might have some well-rated Cabernet Sauvignon, the expensive club costs will put a lot of people off, especially those new to wine. In addition, there’s only a very limited selection of wines on offer.
Instead, you might want to try out the Wall Street Journal Wine Club. It has options available to those on a budget, as well as more serious wine drinkers looking for a more premium option. You’ll also have far more choice available.